Phone Solving
Hello, welcome to Phones Solving

Phones Solving is a forum that allow you to talk, discuss and get help for your mobile phones, currently you are viewing our forum as guest so how about sign up with us.

Register with us will enjoy many benefit that we provide to you instead many limitation for guest, so what are you waiting for, come join us now.

IMEI User Guide

View previous topic View next topic Go down

IMEI User Guide

Post  Yiehong22 on 7/12/2011, 1:56 pm

Tip & Trick
IMEI User Guide
Wikipedia wrote:The International Mobile Equipment Identity or IMEI is a number, usually unique, to identify GSM, WCDMA, and iDEN mobile phones, as well as some satellite phones. It is usually found printed inside the battery compartment of the phone. It can also be displayed on the screen of the phone by entering *#06# into the keypad on most phones.

The IMEI number is used by the GSM network to identify valid devices and therefore can be used for stopping a stolen phone from accessing the network in that country. For example, if a mobile phone is stolen, the owner can call his or her network provider and instruct them to "blacklist" the phone using its IMEI number. This renders the phone useless on that network and sometimes other networks too, whether or not the phone's SIM is changed.

The IMEI is only used for identifying the device and has no permanent or semi-permanent relation to the subscriber. Instead, the subscriber is identified by transmission of an IMSI number, which is stored on a SIM card that can (in theory) be transferred to any handset. However, many network and security features are enabled by knowing the current device being used by a subscriber.

Q: So What Will Happen If I Report A Stolen Phone With IMEI
?
A: After Report Using IMEI To Mobile Operator, It Will "Blacklist" The Stolen Phone So Whatever The Thief Change Your SIM Card, The Phone Also Useless. And If The Thief Take It To The Mobile HQ For Repair, The Mobile HQ Can Easily Return Your Phone Without Letting The Thief Know.

Q: How Can I Check IMEI No Inside My Phone ?

A: You Can Check It By Ether In Your Setting Or Key In *#06# Into Your Dial pad.

Q: Can I Also Use IMEI When I Report To Police ?

A: Yes, You Can, They Ether Visit Your Mobile Provider Or Stored Into They Case File So They Can "Online Cut-Off" Your Phone.

Q: Will I Also Able To Report Without IMEI ?
A: Depend, But You Only Save Your SIM Card, Your Phone Will Gone Forever If You Did Not Provide It Or Forgot It.
Written By YieHong22
Yiehong22
Administrator

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum