Phone Solving
Hello, welcome to Phones Solving

Phones Solving is a forum that allow you to talk, discuss and get help for your mobile phones, currently you are viewing our forum as guest so how about sign up with us.

Register with us will enjoy many benefit that we provide to you instead many limitation for guest, so what are you waiting for, come join us now.

How to use your iphone to make your own personal hotspot.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to use your iphone to make your own personal hotspot.

Post  Yiehong22 on 1/6/2012, 3:51 pm

Forgot bring your modem with you? There no ISP connection on your area but you got mobile service or even you need bring high-speed internet to your computer. Then is it possible to turn your any Iphone into a modem? If yes, you come into right place, Today i going to show you how to turn your Iphone into modem with just simple step:

Requirement before begin:
  • Affordable data plan from your carrier.
  • Plan of operate your wireless hotspot. (Exp: WIFI, Bluetooth or Personal use (USB).)

Warning:
  • Use you own risk, if you account does't have any data plan, you get charge from carrier forcing you to pay thousands of cash.
  • Some country charge additional usage for building personal hotspot by yourself, Contact mobile provider to confirm before continue.
  • Always close the feature when not in use to prevent unnecessary charge.
  • For Iphone that support WIFI Sharing, secure with password and only provide to user if request, charge them first before provide. Change password every season to prevent unauthorized usage.
  • For Iphone that support Bluetooth Sharing, think carefully before pair with other user.
  • For USB, DO NOT OVER USE YOUR IPHONE AS MODEM! You risk been charge even you not using the computer.

Step by step to operate your wireless hotspot:

Last edited by Yiehong22 on 1/6/2012, 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yiehong22
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Iphone 3G "Internet Tethering" guide.

Post  Yiehong22 on 1/6/2012, 4:23 pm

Step to activate "Internet Tethering" guide:
  1. Head to Setting > General > Network.
  2. Ensure the cellular data is switch to on.
  3. You shall see "Internet Tethering" menu above "VPN (Virtual Private Network)" menu. Head in there.
  4. Turn the switch to On position and it will prompt you 2 method to connect to your iphone.

After you flick the feature on, it will pop up a prompt to ask you which method to connect, continue below of how to use it.
Personal Use:
On Mobile site:
  1. Press USB only.
  2. Connect your Iphone to the computer you want to connect. USB Cable or Docking that support sync function also can.
  3. Wait "Internet Tethering" bar rise on top your IPhone. It lit up that mean you successfully sync with computer to surf the web.

On Computer site:
  1. Install all necessarily drive for Iphone 3G into your computer.
  2. The computer will think your Iphone is modem so it will install the modem drive into your computer.
  3. After successfully drive install, just surf as normal and enjoy.
For sharing with other user:
  1. Press use Bluetooh button. The Iphone will automatic turn on Bluetooth feature if you did not turn on.
  2. Pair it between your computer and Iphone together.
  3. FOR WINDOW 7: Head to drive & printer, Right-click your Iphone 3G device, point "Connect using:" then click "access point". Wait a success command and wolla, surf as normal.
  4. FOR WINDOW XP: After pair, wait the drive run and you can surf the web right away.

Note: Iphone 3G does not support WIFI sharing !
Yiehong22
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Re: How to use your iphone to make your own personal hotspot.

Post  Yiehong22 on 2/6/2012, 1:12 pm

Extra note from me:

This is the result from my phone if you do not confirm with your carrier can support Iphone personal hotspot feature:

My Iphone have:
~ Just cost RM 1 ~ 3 for calling.
~ 500MB Data plan cost RM 38.
~ RM 3 For FB SMS.

TOTAL: RM 200 Above Shocked

Now i end up paying my bills with this, hope all reader do not ignore the warning i told you.
Yiehong22
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Re: How to use your iphone to make your own personal hotspot.

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum